So, while watching my son's gait transform from padded waddle to snake-hipped jaunt. I had one of those disappearing childhood sensationss. I began to ponder on all the things that Tom is nailing at the moment and it filled me with smiles so I had to share.
- Tom routinely puts his coils back, giving them a reassuring pat when they're in place.
- He's pretty adept at putting DVDs in the machine and gets frustrated with the endless trailers.
- He knows that bogeys, burps and pumps are all hilarious but is not quite the judge of 'context' that he might one day be (hopefully).
- He knows that riding up front is far, far better than being strapped in the back of the car, no matter which way you dress it up.
- He knows that watching TV in bed in the morning beats getting dressed and hurrying anywhere...
- At the weekend, while playing in the garden with Joe-from-next-door, there were times when their running gait looked the same. Tom's balance is improving enormously (thanks Deborah).